Sunday 28 May 2017

Four Years in Four Parts: Overview


"When you leave a beautiful place, you carry it with you wherever you go"

Sipping my morning cuppa , in my cab to office , I was contemplating about few general questions that I come across daily at various situations. "Where do you belong to? What did you study? Oh, Where is this place,is it in North East?"
Again bringing the fact to notice "The stay wasn't the best as my fellow peers" but by default I  have never failed to answer "Manipal, a town near Udupi" , and my entire existence acclaims the same with confidence as if I have been born and brought up there.


For everyone's knowledge,"Delhi" is my hometown, but I, till date can not talk about it with same enthusiasm as I talk about my college town. I have stayed in Delhi for 18 years, studied there, my family belongs there. But I still don't connect with it the same way.


As a child whenever my Mom and Dad used to ask me , where do you want to stay when you grow up, I always answered " I will live in a town where there is sea on one side and mountains on the other, so that I can have best of both worlds. Where I can see greenery, coconut trees, shooting stars, small huts ,rainbows and a light house". And you won't believe Manipal had it all.


Though any amount of description won't do justice to the beauty of the place, unless you go and experience it on your own. But in my attempt, I have tried to , just tried , to describe all of the Manipal, that is known to my knowledge in 4 parts.

Part 1: Exploring the Campus
Part 2: In an around Manipal
Part 3: Befriending Random Places
Part 4: Revisiting our Favorites

Part 1, Exploring the campus : This post will describe about everything inside the MIT campus.My hostel life, room mates, our favorite eating places, easy to go on pocket messes.

Part 2: In an around Manipal: This post will be all about the places , whether it's a famous dish, a famous house, restaurants , beaches, lakes, festivals, Anything and everything I have seen in and around Manipal.

Part 3: Befriending Random Places: The post will try to do justice to me and my friends random exploration beyond the city.

Part 4: Revisiting our favorites. This post will be more about my favorite places and the places where I wanted to visit more in my final year, so that I can keep the memories as fresh as possible.

These Four years would be glimpsed in Fours parts, but the nostalgia would be forever.

1 comment:

  1. Nice Overview!! Quite delighted to hear the original story behind "The Wanderer". Captivating moments that led to real you. Place with a sea, mountain and greenery, sounds interesting and fun. A trip to enthrall and explore the real beauty of the place. Expecting a good read for your complete 4-part story. When can I expect the awaited narrative or life-saga of "The Wanderer."

    ReplyDelete

Four Years in Four Parts: Overview

"When you leave a beautiful place, you carry it with you wherever you go" Sipping my morning cuppa , in my cab to of...